Space was forced upon us over 9 months ago and many of us are still living in strict quarantine. The way I see it – we can either waste it or use our space well.
Space used well isn’t selfish.Manda Carpenter
What is it you need most right now?
Motivation to work, permission to play, or encouragement to rest?
Take this quiz and find out. Then, ditch Instagram and Netflix; try these instead!
15 ways to WORK without leaving your home:
- Clean your make-up brushes (I used this tutorial and it worked great!)
- Put all your friend’s birthdays in your phone calendar
- Clean out your car
- Clean out your closets – make a donation pile, a keep pile, and a trash pile
- Revamp your LinkedIn Profile
- Clean out your junk drawers
- Take a FREE online Ivy League course
- Clean out your nightstand drawer
- Check your bank statements & create a budget
- Clean out your fridge & freezer
- Clean out your inbox & unsubscribe from emails you no longer want to receive
- Do a workout (or two) from the Nike Training App
- Make a list of professional and financial goals
- Fold and put away your laundry the same day that you wash it
- Delete and organize pictures in your camera roll
15 ways to PLAY without leaving your home:
- Cook a meal without a recipe using only ingredients you have on hand
- Try TikTok
- Write an honest letter to someone (giving it to them is optional)
- Play card games
- Set up stations with various activities (crossword puzzles, playdough, coloring, magna tiles) and let your inner child have a hayday
- Compile a folder of photos you want printed & make a scrapbook
- Write vows to yourself and/or rewrite vows with your partner
- Write yourself a letter, put it in a safe place, make a calendar notification to open it 1-year from now
- Journal all of your favorites right now [favorite snack, place to vacation, person to spend time with, book, song, color, movie, etc.]
- Build a fort in your living room and sleep in it
- Use chalk to write a message in your driveway or on the sidewalk
- See how many times you can scare your quarantine housemates (make sure and get it on video)
- Host a trivia night via Zoom
- Play charades or pictionary
- Make up a dance
15 ways to REST without leaving your home:
- Make a list of how your life will never be the same when this is over
- Do yoga
- Catch up on A Longer Table Podcast episodes
- FaceTime a friend you’ve lost touch with
- Complete a puzzle
- Read a book you normally wouldn’t go for
- Enjoy a new routine without makeup, manicures, extensions, etc.
- Take a nap
- Have a Zoom coffee date with your parents
- Spend 30 minutes looking out the window in silence. Breathe.
- Listen to your favorite album from start to finish
- Take a bath
- Allow yourself to splurge on DoorDash so you don’t have to cook
- Assign one “chore-free” day a week
- Create your own in-home spa with candles, music, warm towels and a face mask
You may find it helpful to do one thing from each of these “work, play, rest” categories everyday for 15 days.
To make it even more fun, you could write each of them down on a small sheet of paper and put them into three jars based on the category and draw them out every morning to add some spontaneity to your quarantine lifestyle.
With you for the long haul,